Sunday, December 21, 2014
53709/p1194948231_29330.jpg

The word "inauguration" means "a ceremony marking the beginning of something new". The Inauguration of a President refers to the ceremony, which gives the President of the United States the powers of his new office.

On Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 12 noon Senator Barack Obama of Illinois will take his oath of office at the United States Capitol and be inaugurated the 44th President of the United States of America.

Like 43 men before him, Barack Obama will raise his hand and say:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

Article II Section I of the Constitution of the United States of America

After he takes the oath of office, the President gives a speech called the Inaugural Address. In this speech the new President describes his vision of what he wants America to be and his plan for how the country can achieve this.

Some Inaugural Addresses have become very famous, some have been very long (one and one-half hours), but all of them have been very important in letting the people know what our new President believes and plans to do.

[ << prev ] [ next >> ]
As an American citizen, what would you like to hear
President Barack Obama say in his
Inaugural Address on January 20, 2009?
One for all and all for one.
I will like Barack Obama to talk about the enconomy and the war
hi i just want you to know that i will make a change in the world so that poor people can have a home and be happy. send some nice food over there and to bring some cloths on there their back and a roof

Thank you and i hope u approve this message
hey barack i want you to talk about in your speach if you really are ready to be our next president and to send your love to all poor people and help all those who are lost. and have lots of jobs by the time we get out of school ♥!!!
i want president elect barack obama to talk about education and the help kids need with subjects like math and science..and also gay rights...*!!!!!!!!
go obama you rock " Yes we can"
GO ObAMA!!!!!!=]
i would want obama to give out better jobs so when i grown older i could have
better jobs also for obama to cut down taxes!!!!!!!!!!
What I want Obama to say is that hes qonna make a chanqe in our worldd .
GO OBAMA !!
i want him to talk about school and see what he is going to do about the middle school becuase he dont really have book and ex......
i want to know if you will be able to find more jobs for people because some people are losing their jobs and houses and dont have much to eat when they are at home
i want to know if you will be able to find more jobs for people because some people are losing their jobs and houses and dont have much to eat when they are at home
find a cure for every illense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
find a cure
We Need To Help Our People In The USA
what are you going to do about the poor people thats losing homes and jobs and can you change america to be one of the best countrys again
Do you think that you will change your ways and attitude when you become president.
I would like to hear President Elect Barack Obama to say something about the what he'll do with the troops in Iraq, because it's not fair for them to be there. And I'll like for him to say something about what he'll for the schools because alot of schools have no books and the schools that have books don't have a lot of books to take home and some have to share books.
i AM very excited. i cant wait to watch what Obama qot to say. I want to hear that thinqs will chanqe in schools. Because i am a student that qoes to Marin and it was sort of hard to find one enqlish teacher to stay for the rest of the year. i Hope that we can have more teachers that are commited to there work rather than qivinq up on us. Also that we can have a little bit more money because i am an 8th qrader and i am expectinq to have an end of the year field trip to pay off all the hard work. But it seems like the Board of Education forqot about Bridqeport because we hardly qo on field trips. Its just be nice that we can have better thinqs in school so i hope that he can chanqe that.
well i am very excited to have you as our upcoming president- what i would like to hear in your speach would be what do you think about the gay rrights and whats goin to happen with that.... i would also like to hear what you are goin to do about the econemy and help us go higher than lower.
hello,

my name is Wilmar and i want you Barrack Obama to talk about the poor people and give food to them.
i want you to talk about national security so everyone can be safe from harm
Also, I would like for you to talk about the poor people and try and give ffod to them.
the most thing i think Obama should focus on is the issue with oil to be better friend with them instead of enemies. many people are surfering because of this
i would just rather that be his first priority to TRY to change .
I would like Barrack Obama to talk about becoming energy independent. I belive it will help us in the war with Iraq. Also, I would like him to talk about education. Those who are smart deserve better education.
[ << prev ] [ next >> ]