Young Authors Timeline
Every child will need a flash/usb drive so they can work on their writing both at home and at school. Flash drives are inexpensive and can be found at Wal-Mart, Staples, etc. If you can not purchase one for any reason, please let me know and I will do what I can to help.
Fourth Grade Timeline
Students are currently working on their Young Author's book in class. This will be an ongoing work using the writing process. Once students complete their rough draft they will type it then revise it and edit. After that process students are ready to publish their work.
Please remember these few guidelines:
· No guns or violence of any kind in your story
· No fantasy stories (aliens, outer space, etc.)
· Limit the amount of dialogue in your story
· Try not to have too many characters in your story. It makes the story difficult to follow.
· No stories based on movies, T.V. or videogames.
· If you are having trouble deciding on a topic, see your teacher. I would be happy to offer suggestions.