4th Grade Procedures
Our system of discipline is simple. We work hard to make the classroom a positive and safe place for all.
1. Always be respectful of others
2. Come to school prepared to learn
3. Raise your hands and wait for permission to speak
4. Fallow all directions
5. Complete all assignments
1. Verbal Praise
2. “Positive note or phone call home
3. Homework pass
4. Special privileges
Marbleswill be put in a jar for working as a team with your classmates. For example, if the class receives a compliment from another teacher for walking nicely in the hallway, I will put some marbles in the jar. When we fill the jar the class will earn game time, a movie, or extra recess.
Please check and sign the planner each night!
1. Verbal reminder of rules
2. 5 minutes off recess
3. 15 Minutes off recess
4. Loss of recess
5. Phone call home
Severe Disruption: Student will be referred to office.
1. Enter the classroom in an orderly fashion (no running, pushing, or shouting).
2. If you are late, please go to the office to get a tardy slip.
3. All belongings are to be placed in your locker or desk until the end of the day.
4. Go directly to your desk and quietly unload your belongings.
5. Place all homework in the left hand corner of your desk.
6. Begin morning work quietly, which will be written on the board.
LISTENING: When I am giving directions, teaching a lesson, or answering student questions, your attention must be on me - hands empty, facing forward, and quiet.
Lunch: In the cafeteria you will sit at the table in your assigned space. You must follow all cafeteria rules.
Leaving the room:
· You will only be allowed to leave to use the restroom during your "independent work" time, not during my "teaching" time or small group work (unless it is an emergency). DO NOT INTERRUPT a lesson to ask to use the restroom.
· When you need to leave to use the restroom you need to sign out. Always take the restroom pass.
· When you return to the room, return the pass and note the time you returned on the clipboard.
End of Day