Bridgeport Board of Education
" Make the Grade" Opportunity Middle School
160 Iranistan Ave
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Supervisor of Alternative Education
Phone: (203) 275-2192
September 1, 2011
As you are aware on November 10, 2008 the Bridgeport Board of Education approved a mandatory school uniform policy was officially enacted in August 2009.
One of the objectives of the Uniform Policy is; by wearing their school uniforms, students will become part of a team. It is this team effort that Bridgeport Public Schools' hopes will help students experience a greater sense of school pride and belonging and promote academic excellence.
I have provided excepts of the policy for your review. Please place close attention to:
" EXCEPTS" OF
BRIDGEPORT PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY
2a. Parental Responsibility
It is the responsibility of parent/legal guardian to ensure that their child/children dress in compliance with the requirements of this policy.
3. Mandatory School Uniform for Bridgeport School Students, Grades PK-8
• SWEATSHIRT OR SWEATERS CAN BE PULLOVER OR ZIPPERED -
Only [uniform] pullover or cardigan sweaters in the solid colors of Navy or Tan (no patterns) without hoods or decorations or wording will be allowed. Individual schools may choose an additional authorized color for sweaters, vest and blazers.
(1) First Offense: Verbal counseling and notification to parent/legal guardian.
(2) Second Offense: Written warning and notification to parent/legal guardian.
(3) Third Offense: Written warning and a mandatory meeting between the Principal and the parent/legal guardian to explain School Attire Policy and obtain compliance.
(4) Fourth and Subsequent Offenses: At the principal's discretion, attendance at special programs and activities may be forfeited or withheld until the student comes to school in uniform. If the foregoing disciplinary measures do not achieve compliance with the School Attire Policy, the principal may impose stronger discipline.
(5) The principal of each school will provide standardized letters to be utilized for student warnings and notifications to parent/legal guardian.
School Colors are Burgundy, Navy (dark) Blue and White.
If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Tuesday, May 26, 2015