The Guidance Department would like to welcome all Read School students and parents to a successful 2011-2012 school year. Allow us to introduce ourselves. Francine Michno 330-0652 We are here to assist you in any way possible to ensure your students have the best possible school experience.
Current Guidance Initiatives:
· Eighth graders are currently receiving applications and information for high school options.
· High school presentations are on-going for question and answer sessions.
· An informational bulletin board near the library highlights High school choices.
· Guidance will be available at report card conferences.
· Bully prevention programs are on-going to educate students in all grades to prevent harassing behaviors.
· All 7th and 8th graders have received GEAR UP organizers to encourage independence and improve study skills.
· Throughout the year, Student Support Staff and representatives from Community Agencies facilitate educational lessons and presentations. Some possible topics include Friendship, Bully Prevention, Personal Safety, Health Awareness, and Conflict Resolution, to name only a few.
If you wish that your student not participate in these activities, please contact the school at 576-8030.
Remember to strive for perfect attendance…
You miss school, You miss out!
Read School Guidance
Wednesday, June 19, 2013