Applications are available from the end of January to the beginning of March, at any City Hall Room 317 or at www.bridgeportedu.net. After filling out the application it must be returned to the address listed on the application. The application will be given a number for identification and stamped with receipt date.
A lottery is held for each grade level at which time the applicants will be numbered in the order they are pulled.
Prior to the lottery Kindergarten applicants will take a language dominance test to determine which Kindergarten class they will qualify for, English or Spanish bilingual. In addition, Kindergarten applicants will also take a developmental readiness screening to qualify for one of the 25 slots in each Kindergarten class. There are 25 seats for the English dominant Kindergarten and 25 seats for the Spanish bilingual Kindergarten.
The applicants requesting Grades 1 to 8 will be assessed based on their school's information. These applicants will make up a waiting list for each grade level in the event that a student leaves the Multicultural Magnet School. The waiting list will expire on the day of the next year's lottery when the new list is created.
1. The lottery will take place before the evaluation process.
2. There is room for approximately fifty kindergarten children per magnet school.
3. Approximately sixty-six children from each lottery list will go through the evaluation process.
4. Approximately the first fifty students that meet the evaluation criteria in order of their lottery number will be eligible to enter the magnet school.
5. The remaining students that meet the evaluation criteria will be placed on a waiting list according to their lottery number.
Thursday, May 23, 2013