Welcome to Madison School. Our original school was built in 1916 and named after our fourth president James Madison. He was born in 1751, Madison was brought up in Orange County, Virginia, and attended Princeton (then called the College of New Jersey). A student of history and government, well-read in law, he participated in the framing of the Virginia Constitution in 1776, served in the Continental Congress, and was a leader in the Virginia Assembly. Madison made a major contribution to the ratification of the Constitution by writing, with Alexander Hamilton and John Jay, the Federalist essays. In later years, when he was referred to as the "Father of the Constitution," Madison protested that the document was not "the off-spring of a single brain," but "the work of many heads and many hands." Our school closed in June 1998 and was renovated and expanded and reopened September 2000. Our neighborhood school now serves children from kindergarten through sixth grade. We have added more classrooms, a new Media Center equipped with a computer lab, Multi-purpose room and cafeteria. Our staff is highly trained and dedicated to educating our children.
Click here for more information about President James Madison. http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/jm4.html