August 31, 2013
Dear Parents and children,
Welcome to Kindergarten!We would like to introduce ourselves to you: our names are Mrs. Homich and Ms. Amaro, we are going to be your child’s teacher and paraprofessional for the coming school year. We have a short list of housekeeping rules for our class, and they are as follows:
1. Children may bring in a snack everyday, if you choose to send one in. Please no candy or soda, we encourage only healthy snacks.
2. Children will have homework every night, it must be returned the next morning.
3. Children do not need to have any school supplies.
4. Children must report to the back playground and stand on number 102 in the morning and they will be dismissed from there at the end of the day.
5. School uniforms must be worn every day.
More information will follow. If you have any questions please call the school (275-2253) or stop in to see us. Sincerely, Mrs. Homich (Ms. H.) Ms Amaro Dear Kindergarten Families, Welcome to Edison School! We are glad to have you join our classroom. It is going to be an exciting year and we are looking forward to sharing it with your child. The following is some information to help make the transition into kindergarten a smooth one for your son or daughter.
3. Dismissal is at 3:00 p.m. promptly. If you can not be there on time, make other arrangements for your child to be picked up. Also, please do not pick up your child early as it is disruptive to instruction. If an emergency occurs and you need to pull your child out of class prior to dismissal, you must go up to the office to sign them out. The office will call our classroom and we will walk your child up to you.
4. Please do not allow your child to bring in small toys or objects to school. Sha
ring toys from home can be difficult for this age and it is also very disruptive to the class.
5. Every child needs a backpack. No other school supplies are needed. Please check your child's backpack daily. All important notices and homework will be sent in his/her folder. If your child's homework folder is torn or lost please replace it with another of your choice.
6. Have your child
dress in their uniforms daily. Some days they will be painting, coloring, using play-doh etc. Please send an oversized T-shirt for them to wear over their uniforms during these activities. We can store them in their cubbies until they are needed.
7. Gym day is Tuesday. Please make sure they wear sneakers and comfortable clothing on these days.
8. Please be aware that the Kindergarten curriculum and objectives have changed dramatically over the years. District policy states that in order for a child to be promoted to first grade, they must reach a Developmental Reading Assessment (DRA) of level 4. If they do not reach that level by June, summer school will be required in order to be considered for promotion. If you have any questions/concerns please feel free to call us at 275-2253. We are looking forward to an eventful year!
Sincerely, Mrs. Homich Mrs. Amaro